View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 16, 2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiitdelhi0204 View Post
Hi everybody. My son has been diagnosed with moderate aplastic anemia and is dependent on blood transfusions since last seven month.His white cell count was always nearby 6000. Now yesterday we saw the inc result. His white cell count become 11500 and neutrophils count 3500. Other different white cell count is also in range. He has no any I've tion, no fever, no infection in urine and in stool. Why his white cell count become in range with such a good figure. My doctor has little confusion because of this white cell count. According to them they never seen such a good white cell count including neutrophils count in aplastic anemia patient. Kindly share your experience this will help my20 month old son t o wait and fight this disease.
Hello, It's difficult to say why his white cell count was significantly higher on this particular lab result, given all tests for any infection... are normal.

What his monocyte % ? If his monocytes were also high, this may indicate his body was fighting an illness that the tests his Dr. ran didn't show. If his monocytes were normal, perhaps the high white cells were an anomaly which may become apparent with your next labs.

It is good to hear his white cells are typically in the normal range.

Best regards