View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 8, 2011, 02:18 PM

Exclamation Help wanted in public webinar experiment

Dear all,

I am sitting with a friend who encouraged me to do a unique experiment with the next webinar on 19th. As you might know I am here in Vienna Austria and we have far less patient information and therefore are very happy and enthusiastic seing the development of patient education in the US. I came up with the idea of showing the webinar in a group session with some friends and patients in Vienna.

My friend who gives me a space for this has a room thats equiped with computer projection and sound system, and he is a restless evangelist for distance learning in groups. Here is a video to see his work in what he calls the "videobridges" and "videobridge rooms": http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?Vid...VideoInEnglish. Franz is collecting examples of good and effective learning and he believes that these transmissions can greatly fire the energy for local learning groups.

So I decided to do this meeting next week, and just now we do a rehearsal in Franz's videobrige room. Franz is critical out of his experience with former events that people might be left behind the language barrier, so he suggested me to ask for help: if it could be possible to use the projection of a life chat for simultaneous "subtitling" the webinar, so to say make it easier for people to follow whats going on. When we listened to the Q&A in particular we saw that a visual text translation to german or at least simple visual text in English would be essential to follow.

So thats my question, if anybody would be up to supporting me in this endavour. A person who is able to shortly summarize "on the fly" whats been said and write it down, and - oh heaven if this was possible! - maybe even in German!

Please let me know if this can be made possible!

kindest regards

Margarete