View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 2, 2013, 06:00 AM

Dear Honey - I am 99% vegetarian and non-dairy. Have been all my life and continuing since diagnosed with MDS. Occasionally eat fish and probably 2 eggs a week max, so I'm close to being vegan. The research I've read is that meat-eaters are just as likely to be anaemic as vegetarians.

I eat lots of raw fruits and vegies - I just wash them carefully. I don't even peel unless the skin isn't edible. You can buy really good non-toxic vegie washes. During the transplant process it's a different story though - when I was preparing for transplant I resolved to do as I was told except eat red meat - I don't think I could ever do that!

All the very best! I am praying for all the transplant people on the forum. It's a huge decision to make.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.