View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 29, 2008, 01:30 PM

Jill -
Did you tell your daughter yet? This was all rather interesting because my husband and I have been wresstling with telling our 3 daughters too. We finally told them last night. They have known that my husband is sick but they have not know how things have changed. He has had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for 10 years so the treatment and dr appt is not anything new to them. But we told them how things have changed and that their father will need a BMT in the near future and it is going to be hard and scary for everyone but he was optimistic that it would all work. Being different ages we started talking to the 12 yo and then the 8 yo came in on her own after a bit and we filled her in. Our 6 yo has different concerns. Like someone said, the kids here the whispering or bits of conversation with others and they know something is up. I feel a tremendous weight off now that we have told them and we can face this as a family. I know the questions will come in a bit as it all sinks in. We have always been honest about things in our home and will answers the questions the best way we can for their ages.
Best of luck to you and your family.