View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 31, 2009, 10:16 PM

Rough Night for Ron....

Ron had his pre-clinical trial BMB Friday (3/27/09) and was extremely run down afterwards. He should start Vidaza treatment at least tomorrow afternoon, or Thurs. (We find out tomorrow, as there were some preliminary tests that had to be accomplished before we start the clinical trial.

He had a bad night last night, temp 102.9F. He felt so bad. We called Emory and talked with the on-call Doctor for the Oncology Dept. He cautioned us to keep what he called a "Short Fuse".... meaning, don't try to wait it out. He knew we had an appt on Wed (4/01/09) and that Ron didn't really want to go to the ER. He discussed other symptoms, etc... very thorough. He then said to take one dose of Tylenol & we had already told him we were applying ice to Ron's back of his neck... seems to really bring his temp down easily. But, said, if it went any higher to come into the ER immediately, but, if it started going down, monitor it closely.

I checked him throughout the evening. It finally went down to 98.8F. He's been running low-grade temps daily since dx Feb'09, but, normally never goes over 100.5F He has nightly sweats from the neck up every single night though. He gets really clamy and has difficulty sleeping....

I've been talking him through "Visualizing" good health and reading him scriptures about "God's Medicine" and healing.... Now, tomorrow, along with God's Medicine, we start Vidaza.....

I appreciate this Forum, you all are wonderful!