Thread: update
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 15, 2012, 12:05 PM

update

It's been awhile since I've posted an update.

Last week my HGB only dropped by 5 points. It had been dropping by around 2 points a day, approx 14 points or more a week. Also the last time, my HGB dropped by 19 points over 2 weeks, instead of anywhere from 26 - 36 points that I was expecting. I've also had 1 or 2 blood tests that showed an increase in HGB. At first, I put it down to lab error, but I don't think the hospital lab equipment could be off so much all the time.

I've been feeling so exhausted lately, that the drop of only 5 was a shock, as was the 2 week drop of "only" 19 when I expected at least 28. I normally get tested every 2 weeks but this time around decided to do it weekly.

In the meantime, my WBC has increased to 1.7 and neutrophils to 1.2. Last year this time my WBC was 1 and neutrophils 0.4. Despite that, I never got any infections.

Anyway, this is the lowest drop I've ever had, and hope it continues to improve. My ferritin is also finally below 1000 because I haven't had to ask for more blood lately with my slightly better counts.

Deb