View Single Post
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 10:56 AM

Hi Neil and Ruth,

Just wanted to say that the kids and I will be there again this year. We had a great time last year and found the conference very interesting.
Even though Evan is 2 years post BMT for AA and doing great, his journey will forever be a part of who we are.

We have been so fortunate in as far as the wonderful support we received, both medically and emotionally, during our time that I desire to give back where ever possible. If sharing Evan's story gives one parent hope, then it's worth it, and I believe Evan and Emily can share a lot of insight and hope with other children coping with bone marrow failure and their siblings, representing a childs' perspective.

The whole road trip and staying in a nice hotel is an adventure for us and allows me to steal away some precious time with my kids!

Looking forward to seeing you both,
Nicole, mom to Evan (20); diagnosed SAA November 2007, hATG mid-November 2007, no response after 6 months, unrelated 9/10 BMT June 2008, no GVH, health completely restored thanks to our beloved donor Bryan from Tennessee.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/evanmacneil