Thread: hemorrhoids
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 29, 2013, 08:34 AM

That's just it. She isn't dealing with constipation. She has absolutely no problem going to the bathroom. She actually has no problems at all ...except her immune system is attacking her platelets in the bone marrow. Other wise she is fabulouse. The only bleeding she has is very minor. Her hemmorhoids were a problem for her before she was dx and now, eventhough her doctors have told her it's nothing to be concerned about, she rushes to the ER when she has the smallest amount of blood on the toilet paper. The problem is the ER keeps her for days and they run tests and they always want to do a colonoscopy..eventhough she has already had one and they found nothing. I guess my question is has anyone else experienced bleeding with hemmorhoids and was it considered anything to be concerned about? And has anyone else felt the need to run to the ER all the time? Is this normal after first being dx? I'm concerned for her and her quality of life. Yesterday was a beautiful day and she spent the whole day in the ER because she found a small amount of blood on the toilet paper. To put this in perspective...when she showed me how much blood...we are talking a pin prick...maybe a smear at times. Less than I get from a mosquito bite. I don't want to sound flip by any means. I understand the full extent of the seriousness of her condition. I'm only concerned about her state of mind and her need to run to the ER.