Thread: Hypoplastic MDS
View Single Post
Old Sat May 19, 2007, 02:33 AM
Owner

Hi Bobbye. I'm sorry to hear about your sister's condition. The other forum members and I can understand how hard this diagnosis (and all that follows it) is on your family. Good for you in making the effort to find your sister someone else with the same condition. It helps to know there are others facing the same thing and especially to talk to them.

We're not the only place you can look for other people with MDS or Hypoplastic MDS in particular. Some of the groups and organizations in our Resources page may know of other Hypoplastic MDS patients. I'd particularly recommend contacting the Global Support Network of AA&MDSIF, if you haven't already. The purpose of the Network is to put patients in touch with others like them.

Does your sister already have a doctor she likes? Has the treatment plan been determined?

About your email address:
The choice is yours. If you prefer not to have your email address visible on a public website like this, other forum members can still contact you privately by clicking either of these links:
Send email to Bobbye A (outside the forum system)

Send a Private Message to Bobbye A (within the forum system)
If you post your email address, then anyone on the Internet can email you. Some people avoid doing that because unscrupulous advertisers scan the Internet looking for email addresses and sending junk mail to them. That may be the least of your worries, but that's why we offer the other contact options.
A tip for you and everyone else:
To make sure you don't miss any Private Messages from other forum members, I suggest that you go to your User Options and make sure you have checked the box labeled "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages."

That way, you'll be notified if somebody sends you a Private Message. Any member can read his or her Private Messages by clicking List Messages in the My Settings section.