Let's be very clear if these comments are directed toward me (Bob's are for sure):
1) I have been supportive of military veterans my entire life. I spent my entire Vietnam experience in the infantry in constant direct combat. I have too much respect for those who fought beside me to let pass these "cheap shots" by Bob regarding my devotion to fellow veterans.
2) I was one of the very first to send in my three large vials of blood for Dr. Steensma's study. I appreciate and support his effort. There is nothing derogatory on my part by suggesting that the task will be very difficult to prove the primary involvement of AO in the different blood diseases.
3) Because I respect and appreciate the efforts of the VA does not make me a "schill" for the VA as Bob likes to portray. The VA is not the enemy.
4) My only contact with the VA was to present my situation to add to the VA database about MDS. I couldn't have asked for better support from them. It was not about compensation or anything for my personal benefit.
5) For Bob to belittle my participation on this forum is regrettable. I don't understand his offensive attitude. If my experiences with these diseases can help anyone, I will continue in that effort. I will be having my 21st BMB today. I have had a stem cell transplant. I have experienced GVHD. I have had 26 cycles of Vidaza along with cycles of Revlimid and other drugs. These experiences along with those of others are valuable for anyone visiting this forum.
age 70, dx RAEB-2 on 11-26-2013 w/11% blasts. 8 cycles Vidaza 3w/Revlimid. SCT 8/15/2014, relapsed@Day+210 (AML). Now(SCT-Day+1005). Prepping w/ 10 days Dacogen for DLI on 6/9/2017.