View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 29, 2016, 12:04 AM

Hi Paul and bailie ...

Paul hope you are doing well, a second transplant is difficult, but if you happen to read this just do what is needed to get through this until your counts climb. It took longer for my husband's counts to rise the second time, but in retrospect it was a breeze, although if you told me that almost two years I would say you were delusional.

bailie, I replied in the thread linked below. Feel free to pick my brain and will do my best to respond.

http://forums.marrowforums.org/showt...1420#post41420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
Debbie, I don't want to detract from Paul's thread here (how are you doing Paul I hope well?) but did your husband relapse with the same mutations as prior to his first transplant? When I relapsed about 18 months ago, I had no prior to SCT mutations, but picked up a new one (the "Philadelphia chromosome (9;22) which is very rare for AML). How about blast count? I am really curious if when a person goes to "60 percent donor" is the other 40 percent the original blood type? My blood type changed from A+ to O+ at transplant.
Thank you.
Debbie, wife of Mike age 58, diagnosed RAEB 2 April 2010. Initial blast count somewhere between 10-15% then 20% after two treatments of Dacogen. Completed induction therapy 8/2/2010. BMB 8/31/10 - 4% blasts. SCT 10/1/2010. Relapsed in 10/2014, second transplant from same donor on 12/31/2014.