View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 19, 2018, 05:53 PM

Hi vickinish and Dick S. Just posting back 6 months after my initial post and your replies. I was diagnosed with cmml-1 in Sept. 2016 and am still on watch and wait.

I get my blood tested every two months now at the oncologist, plus every 4 months at my GP. My persistent afib is handled with 5 medications and hasn't changed. I recently got 2 iron infusions. My iron is still below normal but the infusions raised the ferritin, which my oncologist says is what matters.

My current blood counts haven't changed that much, they go up and down. Platelets at a new high of 625 although three weeks ago they were just 566. Monos at 4.2, and WBC at 15.3 have both been higher and lower in the past year. All the rest of my counts are near or at normal levels.

Still pretty fatigued and weak. I just started doing about 15 minutes of Tai Chi type exercises from a DVD, and try to walk about 15 minutes (in the house during the cold weather) while listening to the oldies. Sleeping 8 hours a night and take a one hour nap during the day. Maintaining a normal weight with extra cookies and ice cream. Always feel full due to the swollen spleen, never really feel hungry.

How are both of you doing? How are your counts and symptoms? I hope you are both relatively stable.

Bob
Age 73. April 2016 diagnosed with SMZL (splenic marginal zone b-cell lymphoma). In remission after 8 weekly infusions of Rituxan. Got 4 more weekly Rituxan infusions in Jan., 2019. Sept 2016 diagnosed with CMML-1. Presently on watch and wait.