View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 16, 2011, 03:55 PM

Thank you for your reply. The 68 neutrophil is a percentage. That’s why I was confused how the percentage could be high and the neutrophil absol be so low. I understand it better now with your explanation.

I have been told my WBC has been high several times this year from the infections I have had but don’t have any those actual numbers except the results I posted.

I just started seeing a new family doctor a month ago because I was not happy with my old one. When I started getting the lumps on my legs he just ignored them and I had to seek out a second opinion to get them diagnosed. The second opinion doc was a surgeon who did a biopsy on one of the lumps and said it was erythema nodosum (which can be associated with autoimmune disorders, some cancers, some medications, certain infections, or no known cause is ever found). It is an inflammatory reaction that causes nodules/lumps and necrosis of fat cells…and oh my is it ever painful. He sent all my info to my fam doctor and suggested he follow up with tests to try to find the cause. My old family doctor pretty much refused to do this and told me it would just “go away”… Since then I found a new family doctor. My new doctor stopped two meds I was taking zocor and lisinopril a month ago to see if that would help. He also made some changes to my insulin. He said if the changes didn't help he would start ordering more tests. I’m making another appointment this week with my new family doctor since it seems to only be getting worse. Hopefully I will get some answers soon. I hate feeling bad all the time.

Thank you again.