View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 25, 2015, 01:46 PM

Hi Marlene thanks for the reply. This whole process has been frustrating indeed. At time of diagnosis I was classified as SAA and they(docs) wanted to move forward with treatment quickly. This was in July. The only reason for delay was that I moved to be closer to my family. Then the doc went back on forth between Atg/cyclo versus BMT. During this time I noticed my counts were not dropping as fast as they we're while preg. It seems the further away from pregnancy the more stable my counts. My transplant doc picked up on this trend as well. Thats where we are now. He tells me at this point we need to classify my AA. Hes telling me that although my counts are holding longer without transfusion(which is good) hes doing the biopsy to check my cell count and if it's below a 10% then I would be considered SAA. he said it's either blood count or cell percentage it doesn't have to be both. If I am considered severe based on the results of my biopsy we will proceed with transplant.

Last November 2014. I was hospitalized with a kidney infection and my doc noticed my low blood counts then. But we never really explored the cause. Negligent on both our parts. So we are thinking my AA wasn't caused by pregnancy it just got worse bc of it. So now I am no longer pregnant I am back to my "normal". Which I know wasn't severe. So now I'm just wondering what kind of treatment they will do for me. Or should I just go back home and go to work and go back to my life before all of this. Idk. This whole thing caused a lot of troubles for me. I'm just in a confused, frustrated state.