View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 1, 2010, 01:18 PM

Mom is home from ATG treatment

My Mom is home from ATG treatment now. She had many side effects including, rigors, fever, low oxygen, severe headaches, large hives covering her whole body and was quite depressed. She was sent home yesterday afternoon. Last night she still had a few hives but nothing that was to bothersome.

One thing that I wanted to ask anyone who has had ATG before. Mom ended up getting fluid on her lungs that has made it hard for her to breathe. They said it was because of all the fluids going into her IV. She was sent home with diuretic pills and told she would be fine. Has anyone experienced this before? I never came across this symptom. I'm also quite worried about it. She is breathing better but it just seems weird they would send her homelike that. Her counts are also down. Her Hemoglobin was at 88 yesterday morning. Her WBC 1. not sure of the others as her blood work just says "pending". Hopefully they will get a Hemo transfusion into her shortly as she was going to the clinic for more blood work today.

Thanks!!