View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 3, 2010, 05:49 PM

Thank you

Mom is feeling a bit better now. She is to go three times a week for blood work. Her counts were down today so she is going for a platelet transfusion tonight. She has sores in her mouth that she got Akabutus mouth wash for. She is weak and has tingly lips. She said it feels like pins in her lips. Otherwise doing good so far. I have to thank you all for your replies. I know without a doubt that not having the information that you gave us would have made things worse for her (and me). Every time I was not sure about something, or my Mom wanted to know, I came on here and asked and you took the time to reply. Please know it has REALLY helped! My mom is not too computer savvy but I"m desperately trying to get her to come on here and talk. I hope she will. I know it would make a difference for her. One thing I notice is that people don't take this disease seriously. If you didn't know my Mom was sick, you maybe wouldn't notice anything different besides her being a bit slow. Have any of you dealt this feeling before? I think people expect to see something visual when someone is REALLY sick but I know that is not always the case. I knew before as my 5 year old has severe arthritis. We have a fairly large family and my sister and I are the only ones that are REALLY scared for my Mom. Unless my brothers just don't want to face it. I suppose everyone deals with things in a different way. Anyways, thank you again. Hopefully my mom and I will be able to help others. I know I will be back again asking more questions of you in the future.

WBC 1.8
Hemoglobin 94
Platelets 7
Neutrophils 1.2