View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 10, 2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyn11 View Post
Hi Italian Burrito. Thanks for asking. I am doing better although I had a nasty bout of IBS last night that caused me to stay home from work today. I start my next round of Vidaza next week. Thank goodness I will have had 3 full weeks of recovery. Hopefully things will go better this round.

How is your dad doing?
I hope so too! Hang in there. Some good and bad news. Good news he is still tolerating chemo ok. He has been needing blood every week now which from what the doctor says is normal. His Hgb was 6.3 so he needed 3 units of blood. Its going to get worse before it gets better is what Dr. M said. Bad news is my aunt and uncle are not matches so on to the registry! I am hoping some loving and compassionate stranger can save my dads life. So now we continue on and hopefully but Sept/Oct. he can proceed with the transplant.

So I do have a question for you, does the doctor have you on an anti-viral, anti-fungal and an antibiotic to prevent another infection like this? They started all three of these medications from day one with him. Just want to make sure they are doing all they can to prevent another hospital stay.
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.