View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 16, 2022, 09:06 PM

Quick update before the next haem visit at the end of next month. I had, what appears to be, a possible transient rheumatoid arthritis flare up late March/April, with physical signs on xray of early stage RA, but no inflammation in the blood. In fact, my esr is going down. You can have random flare ups that clear up on their own, or you can develop RA later on, so we'll just wait and see. I have been taking turmeric for the last month or so which helps with 'swelling ' since I don't inflame, and the pain. However, it's not meant to be the best for iron absorption and my iron deficiency has been improving, so I'm not sure whether to continue or not. With the polyps in my gallbladder beginning their own breeding program, to where I now have a strawberry gallbladder, it might be an idea as turmeric is meant to be great at shrinking polyps.

On the positive side of things, my thyroid has bounced back to wonderfully normal, which I attribute to increasing my soy and being further along my post menopausal path. My blood counts are still stable, low normal as usual, but the mcv was a pinch lower than last time which is exciting. Hopefully it's good news next month, I'm all fixed and I can skip off into the sunset!