View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 25, 2008, 07:18 AM

Hello Debra,

I am sorry to hear your playing the "Medicare game." It seems, at times, getting things covered is like preforming creative financing. Look at this hand not that.

The amount of transfusions that your father is receiving is my fathers stop gap. I was given the task of telling him no if he got to twice weeklies. A year ago, he did not want to be chained to the hospital. I will know more about his progress tomorrow when he gets his blood test. He has only been off the Procrit a bit more than a week. He is showing signs of being extremely tired. He has no strength left, and has a real issue with concentration.

He saw me working on his property this weekend, and wanted me to fire up his tractor for him. I did. I figured if he got cut, or shook himself to the point he bleed out, well, it would have been doing something he enjoyed. Half hour later, he was exhausted. He needed something adjusted that he did not have the strength to do, and I told him to pack it up and go in. The sad part of this is he was making me do twice the work. I had to watch him, and do his chores. Mind you I don't have an issue doing his chores, but if I attempt to do what I do and watch him, I could get hurt by not paying attention. Selfish?

That night, we celebrated his 77th birthday. Today, August 25 he is 77 years old. He joked about not having the breath to blow out the candles.

No Debra, pop will not be able to die doing what he wants, but he will be able to shut down when he wants. If he pushed twice weeklies, I will do what I was asked to do and call him on it. Bob of last summer asked me to. If he decides to do it, it will be his choice; however, I was instructed to argue.

I hope you and your dad get to spend good time together. Hospital time sucks.

Keep us posted, as will I. I will update tomorrow or Wednesday on his progress, or lack of.

Scott
Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.

Last edited by mannythedog : Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: new signature