Thread: Transpalnt Date
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
I wouldn't worry much about cataracts, since they are correctable and lots of people get cataracts even though they haven't had TBI. I don't mean to discount something that worries you, but my wife and I considered the increased incidence to be one of the lesser worries as we headed to transplant. And as it turned out, my wife had 11 TBI treatments and has never developed cataracts.
Neil,
Thanks for the input. I understand that TBI doesn't always cause cataracts but that there is the possibility. When I was treated for prostate cancer with High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR), i.e., radiation, they said there was a small chance it could cause another form of cancer. Two doctors have now told me my MDS was likely caused by the prostate cancer treatment. So I traded one disease for another. I guess I worry about anything that is going to cause problems down the road. I do appreciate your insight, however.

Cheers

Data