View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 1, 2013, 07:04 AM

I too suffered badly with mucositus! I didn't have radiation and was told it was mainly due to the methotrexate (not sure if this is right name.. I am abit fuzzy on the details!).. The only thing I would swallow during those days was my tablets & that was done only after pushing my pain meds (Iv push button & also a continuous drip as well - fentanyl I think,) with tears running down my face. I wouldn't even swallow my own saliva, I used a tissue to spit it out! They IV fed me & seemed to do it to most people there! But once my white cells started coming back it cleared up surprisingly quickly.. Was awful and even with all the drugs it was excruciating!! I had the added bonus of the pain sending my bp soaring, then my head would feel like it would explode & either the pain or high BP would cause me to vomit! Believe me, that was awful! But they soon become drug hazed memories!! Good luck.. You might be one of the lucky ones!