View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 3, 2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitta-A View Post
Hi GaryV

Vidaza has showed better treatment results than Dacogen. In this study 67 % of the low risk patients were blood transfusion independent and 73 % platelet transfusion independent:
http://www.eventure-online.com/event...ongressId=3446

[snip]

You could try treatment perhaps with Vidaza - like Karen - that is the first line drug in MDS.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Thank you, Birgitta. I find clinical trial results overall don't yet tell us much. The one you linked to showed good results. It is encouraged and raises hope in me, though, perhaps, no more merited than hearing anecdotal evidence on pineapple juice. I don't know.

Which leads to my question. You say that Vidaza is the first line drug in MDS. What is your source(s) for that? Why is it the case?

I read that in addition to being an MDS patient, you are a retired MD. Do you have any affiliation with any pharmaceutical companies? Do you receive speaking or any other fees from them?

Respectfully,

GaryV
GaryV, 62, MDS-Uncl, Interm 1, Dx 6/2006; Trisomy 9, 20(q) deletion, acellular bone marrow, <1% blasts; Aranesp 300mg, then 500mg every 2 wks, effective for 6 months, discontinued. ANC normal; chronically acute RBC 6.7-7.6 range; chronically acute PLT 11,000; RBC and PLT transfusions weekly