View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 10, 2011, 03:07 AM

ATG response -new to forum

I am really glad to find this forums. My mom is diagnosed with SAA in China and she went through ATG (Rabbit) early June. Her WBC was 0.7 before ATG and went down to 0.2 right after ATG. Her WBC started to climb graduately 10 days after ATG stopped (5 days therapy). Today, her WBC is about 3.8 (was above 3 for almost a week). However, other than WBC, RBC and platelets counts remain the same as before (RBC~60 and PBC <10 without transfusion. She had a urine bleeding for 2 days and had blood spots under skin for 3 days. all gone now). She need frequent blood transfesion (about every other day or 3 days for PBC and every 4 days or longer for RBC). Her doctor told us not to be too promising because normally, at least 2 of 3 counts should show some signs by now. Is this true? I thought the increase of WBC is a promising sign. I have read other threads and know it takes average of 3-6 months or even longer to response. I wonder if any of you have the similar experience as my mom (with increase of WBC first).

In addition, my mom became very weak. She lost almost all her strength. She had itches, bad temper, vomiting (seems stop now) and some other reactions after ATG treatments. Are these normal?

I am in US and it is really pain for me not be able to stay with her fighting for her disease. I plan to take some time off next month. I want to be educated as much as I can and preapre to fight through this disease with her. Thank you!

Last edited by plqc : Sun Jul 10, 2011 at 03:29 AM.