View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 11, 2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plqc View Post
I am really glad to find this forums. My mom is diagnosed with SAA in China and she went through ATG (Rabbit) early June. Her WBC was 0.7 before ATG and went down to 0.2 right after ATG. Her WBC started to climb graduately 10 days after ATG stopped (5 days therapy). Today, her WBC is about 3.8 (was above 3 for almost a week). However, other than WBC, RBC and platelets counts remain the same as before (RBC~60 and PBC <10 without transfusion. She had a urine bleeding for 2 days and had blood spots under skin for 3 days. all gone now). She need frequent blood transfesion (about every other day or 3 days for PBC and every 4 days or longer for RBC). Her doctor told us not to be too promising because normally, at least 2 of 3 counts should show some signs by now. Is this true? I thought the increase of WBC is a promising sign. I have read other threads and know it takes average of 3-6 months or even longer to response. I wonder if any of you have the similar experience as my mom (with increase of WBC first).
Hi,

Is your mother still taking prednisone? If so, this can cause a false rise in WBCs. If not, the increase in WBC could be promising. They were the first to rise for me as well. She is still _very_ early in her recovery, so hang in there!