Thread: serum sickness
View Single Post
Old Fri May 1, 2009, 02:40 PM

Gengraf

Hi Hopeful,

I hope I did not mislead you. In June 2007, six months after my 1st treatment, the pharmacy began filling my CsA scrip with Gengraf. I assumed at the time that it as was just as good, and the smell of the Neoral I had been taking was something I could easily do without.

But within a month, my counts started declining. Then the sandimmune was used instead by the pharmacy. All in all, it was too fast a taper in the first place, and the alternative meds probably did not help the situation.

I really can't say if the Gengraf was effective or not. But the doctor has said no substitutes for Neoral since then. I read that SandImmune is not bio-equivalent to the other CsA generics, but I really can't say much more than that.

HTH

I weigh around 240, and I have been on 200mg bid of Neoral since Jun 2008.

I think the trough level is really important. Maybe you should ask about Neoral.
Male, 56, dx Nov2006 VSAA (BMA:0%). Responded to ATG/CsA/Prednisone/Neupogen Dec 2006, but relapsed in June 2007. Counts are responding to using CsA 200mg bid alone since Jun 2008. Last PRBC tx: Jul 2008.