View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 3, 2011, 09:47 AM

Flashes

Neil,

I can't thank you enough for this site. It has been a nightmare having no access to information other then what Trevor tells me in a 15 minute phone call and what I could research on the internet. The link to the shower thread was very helpful in putting the tainted blood theory to rest. With budget cuts I was afraid they were giving him less expensive non lucocyte poor blood. Still not sure, but now we know this at least.

I do know that the Dr. wanted to raise the cyclosporin on Trevor but they decided against it because of the side effect. I have no idea on his dose or why they wanted to raise it. In March when this was discovered his Hbg was 2.2, plateletts 5, ANC .01 and cellularity 4%. After 3 months his Hbg was 8.9 , ANC 1.0 , plateletts 96. and I think WBC 3.2. They said they wont consider Trevor for a BMT because he is in prison and since he doesnt get out for 3 more years I am assuming they will just keep him on cyclosporin. From reading everyone's post it looks like they are on it for a long time, but they talk about taking him off it after 6 months to see if it worked. Which doesnt make sense to me. But it may be getting lost in translation. I got a court order for his medical records so I could see whats going on myself.

I also saw the conference in Tampa in Oct I will be attending. Again, thanks for the info it is very helpful.