View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 4, 2010, 05:31 PM

Dacogen

Roger - I do not have a PIC but started having Dacogen treatments as well. Finished two cycles. Are you having bouts of extreme fatigue? I am working 1/2 days for the past three weeks and am really tired. What is your diagnosis? I am MDS RAEB w/excess blasts. I had treatment ATG 7 yrs ago and then two months ago blood counts dropped again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
Not knowing excatly where I shoulod list this question I chose this one. I hope I am correct.

I did not do well on Vadaza so my doc has put a pic line in my arm and am now switching to Decagon, whatever that is. Each session I've be told will be about 2 hrs and for 5 days. Better than my Vadaza which was 1-2 hrs for a long long seven days.

Now with this brand new pic line I understand I have to protect it from water when showering. I was told by the nurses its a peice of cake just tape a plastic bag around your arm.

Either I am a spaz or they have never put a plastic bag on their own arms a any time. I tried the bag routine with little to no success. I'm now trying a plastic wrap I stole from the kitchen draw. Seems to work fine until its time to unwrap it from my arm in which case I find I can't can't find the edge to unwrap and I end of cussing and wrestling with myself and eventually give up and scream for help.

Anyone with a pic line have a better solution to protefting our pic lines? Sure would appreciate hearing from expereinced folks