View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 20, 2017, 01:16 PM

Vidaza Treatments

I am a 69 year old male diagnosed with MDS/Leukemia in September of 2013. The BMB revealed Intermediate 1. After three Oncologist consults, I chose a wait and see strategy with follow up BMBs.

December, 2016 the BMB showed an increase of blasts from 5 to 11. The oncologist at Moffitt placed me at high risk. The treatment they prescribed was four cycles of Vidaza.

I chose to have a port placed in my upper chest for the administration of the chemo and blood testing. It was a good move on my part!

I am a Vietnam vet exposed to Agent Orange and chose to receive the chemo at the VA. Their chemo center is closed weekends, so, to fulfill the treatments it was set up M - F, then Monday and Tuesday the following week. Then with 21 days off. Moffitt was fine with the schedule, and I completed four cycles finishing the first week in June.

I am scheduled for my fourth BMB this Friday, the 23rd. This will determine future options.

There are many other details, but I'd rather not write a book, although I am an author! If you have questions, I'll try to answer.

Last edited by Thomas Hawkinson : Tue Jun 20, 2017 at 01:37 PM.