View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 17, 2010, 07:53 AM

pimples and platelets

Hi everyone. Just have a brief question about pimples and low platelets. Since being on Prednisone I have had issues with pimples and don't usually. Now my face seems constantly red and the marks from where pimples were, are very evident. Could this be from my lack of platelets?

I don't touch the pimples at all, in fear that it will make it so much worse. It just seems that, like my bruising, the red dots from my pimples, stay for a long time. Seems like they're permanent. Your thoughts?

A brief update if you're interested: I am glad that transplant isn't too soon, for now. Things are going ok. My platelets seem to be holding. They are low (in the 20s-30s) but thats fine for now. So my BMT with a MUD has been posponed to a later date... I never really had a date, they just thought things would get bad quickly, but it didn't. So I guess that's good. Still a horrible feeling to wait around until something goes wrong before they'll proceed.

But life goes on. Take care all!

xx Jules
Julie (38yrs); dx AA 1996 & treated w/ATG, cyclosporine & G-CSF; 2010 dx int-1 secondary MDS, low platelets, on prevention antibiotics, fevers of unknown origin, MUD found for BMT when the time is right, which is now! MDS transformed to AML after many infections.