View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 12, 2011, 05:38 AM

I can't really help with the dry mouth as I never experienced that, but I've been seeing a great dermatologist at King's since my first GvH rash broke out (and I'm now seeing her for hormone-related acne following the transplant).

I used (all are prescription here in the UK) :
Capasal shampoo It reeks like petrochemicals but does a seriously good job on dry, flaky scalp, and I only ever needed to use it a few times a week when it was at its worst, followed by regular shampoo to cover the smell.

Doublebase lotion On any dry skin, and it's now my every day face lotion after urging from the dermo. Comes in enormous pumps that last me a good 6-9 months.

Betnovate ointment This is a mild steroid ointment (the cream version isn't anywhere near as good), but this stuff is pure magic for eczema patches and most rashes. One thin application stops it dead and it's healed the next day. This tube has lasted me at least 9 months so far and it's only half used!
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)