View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 27, 2013, 11:20 PM

Jay, everybodys body acts different to iron build up, some folks need to get rid of the iron faster than others, sometimes if iron levels are high its safer not to chelation, thats a doctors call and every individual is different. I found it easier to look at the Hema for a guage for blood, after a while when you get transfused it does make you feel better, but your certainly not going to want to run a marathon, it is needed mostly to help carry oxygen throughout the body thats one of the reasons when your rbc is low you feel like do-do, you get a throbbing in your head and you get winded easily, if you are healthy enough ask you doctor about Provigil, taken moderately, it can boost your energy. Jay Im telling you from experience, dont focus on time ( I know its hard sometimes ) focus on a treatment plan and while its working....live, and if it stops working get with you onc and try someting else, You are in my thoughts and prayers...You are not alone, we are here with you......Billy
Billy - Husband of Tina: 31 years old at dx - June 2007 - Stage 3 Breast Cancer - Dec 2008 Stage 4 - Brain and Bone - Nov 2012 - Therapy Related AML. Curently on Decitabine for Therapy Related AML and Herceptain for ongoing Breast Cancer. Weekly transfussions of blood and platelets