View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 28, 2013, 11:29 PM

As Katgio said don't let finances be a problem, ask your doc for a referral to your hospital social worker. They can explain what finance options are available to you as well as help, such as food services cleaning etc, I even found a company that would walk and feed my dog should I be rushed to hospital. Here in Australia the cancer and leukaemia foundation both pay bills (utility etc) up to $1000, there may be something like that for you available in the US, which may free up some of your personal funds. I am aware that your systems over there are very different to ours but just another option to look at. I hope I am not giving you false hope, perhaps your fellow Americans can confirm, before I send you on some sort of goose chase.

Alternatively you could just ask your doc that you would like to get a second opinion, he may write you a referral to another hospital that is not too far. If you explain it to him he should not be offended or it could force his hand to let you have the tests you seek to ease your mind.

Honey
Dx June 2013 MDS del 5q and 7t. Further chromosone changes August 2017. Lenolidomide and 10 months on Azacytadine failed. Transition to AML August 2018 failed induction chemo. Trial drug FT2101 failed at 6 months. Next on Venetoclax with cytoterabine.