View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 17, 2013, 05:12 PM

Mr. Freeman,

all of the holes are very close to each other, 4 on each side. The doctor says that the risk of weakening the bone is fairly low.

As for recovery, i am usually in good enough shape to drive within the same day, walking around is a little slow, but not bad. Swelling is much reduced as far as my experience has shown - i only have about 30k platelets, and with the manual method, my whole back would swell. With the drill it is very localized for some reason.

The paid during the procedure is moderate to high but only for about 30 seconds to a minute, which is ok by me.

After the first four times under sedation and swelling with big bruises across the back, being able to compare the relatively small bruising and faster healing with the drill, my choice is easy, even without the sedation.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.