Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 26, 2007, 10:20 PM

to lost - MDS prognosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
hi...I,m new at this..Just really scared. My husband was diagosis with myelodysplastic...on the 22th. of dec. ...merry xmas..we cryed all through xmas..the doctor said he has two years or less...there,s nothing they can do ...he,s 57 year,s old ..he,s to young to die...
Well to start off - each person is unique and so is their disease. There isn't a definitive prognosis of time for MDS survival. I am upset that your doctor put it to you in that matter. However we have all been there and received those statistics. So that being said, you need to find a doctor who has treated many MDS patients and is an expert in the field and with a Center of Excellence. Let us know your location and hopefully someone can refer you to someone they are seeing. There are options, treatments and even a BMT , so hold on and let's explore some options . Try to stay calm, it's not the death sentence they once thought it to be. To make you feel better, I am stable and doing well with MDS for officially 8 years now,unofficially in my mind for 9 years. It was my 40th birthday gift. So hang in there, - good luck and keep asking your questions, there are a lot of good people here to help you through it. Remember no question is silly or minimal in this forum.
Neece - diagnosed MDS RA 1999 and doing great!