Thread: I am back
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 17, 2018, 11:51 AM

I am back

Hi Folks,

I had to re-register after being away for many years, my former label was LynnI. I hope I will see some familiar names and you are all doing well.

This past year brought me to a 10 year milestone of no disease, no treatment and no transfusions but IT is back now.

In July, I was bitten by a Chipmunk and the doctors insisted that I get the Rabies Vaccine and I was very concerned that those shots would 'poke the lion', and it appears that it did. I had several allergic reactions and ill from the rabies shots while getting them and then I bounced back to normal for a month. Then I became aware of those very insidious symptoms and called my doctor at Sunnybrook. Other conditions were ruled out, CBC's taken and my HG had dumped 35 pts in 2 weeks. They put me back on the VPA ( Valproic Acid) which is what had put me into remission the first time, 10 years ago, but my counts continue to drop.

I go back to see my doctor in a couple of weeks, unless they contact me to come in sooner after the results of this latest CBC. At this point I see a BMB in my near future.

Since this has started, I can't tell you how many times I have said, 'damn chipmunk '

Kind regards,
Lynn