Thread: New to site
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 12:28 PM

Hi Neil,
Thank you for the reply.

The Marc Rumaner Foundation was started last year by a friend of mine to originally help raise money to offset some of my medical bills and to donate some of the money to research for bone marrow failure cures.

This year, instead of making it about me, we have made the foundation a federal non-profit organization whose mission is to help raise awareness of PNH/AA and to raise money so that we can offer grants/assistance to patients with PNH/AA who need to travel to see a doctor, need hotel accomodations, need help with doctor and prescription copays and to hopefully offer grants to research organizations involved in the search for a cure of these 2 diseases.

This year will be our first benefit as a non-profit and we hope to have 2-3 events next year. Grants will be offered based on how much we raise at this years event. The event will be held Friday, November 2nd, in Aurora, Il. Aurora is about 45 west of Chicago. All the information can be found at http://www.themrf.org.

I look forward to visiting this site often and getting to know people and hopefully learning more about AA. Please let me know if you have any questions about the foundation/benefit.

Marc