Thread: My Son's Story
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 6, 2010, 02:06 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
Candace,

Jacob's doctor doesn't sound like much of a communicator. Have you considered getting a second opinion from another doctor? You can bring previous test results so Jacob won't have to endure more tests, and hearing what another doctor thinks will give you a better picture of the reasonable choices of treatment (one choice being "wait and watch"). A good pediatric hematologist ought to be willing and able to answer as many questions as you want to ask.
I've considered switching to a different doctor within the hematology department. We currently see the director so I know he's a smart guy, but he's almost condescending to me. And I want to like him since he's handsome (ha ha) but he's making it difficult. When we first got the diagnosis of SAA I started to cry. Not a loud boo hoo but I did say "no" when the doctor said the words. He said "you can go, you're not helping". I knew then that I was not going to mesh with this guy. But, if he can make my son well again I'll be eternally grateful.... and maybe he'll be even more handsome then! Thanks for your response. This site is a life saver!!