Thread: My Son's Story
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 6, 2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace P View Post
When we first got the diagnosis of SAA I started to cry. Not a loud boo hoo but I did say "no" when the doctor said the words. He said "you can go, you're not helping". I knew then that I was not going to mesh with this guy.
Candace,

I'm surprised you didn't deck the guy right there; you have way more will power and self-control than I could ever muster. What a jerk this guy is!

I understand that you may have decided to put up with him because you feel that's best for your son. That's your decision and you have every right to make that decision.

But you also have every right to fire this guy and find a doctor who knows how to treat patients and caregivers with respect.

He's your son, your his Mom, it's your decision. You're the boss. Don't ever let anyone tell you any different. Even if he is smart and good looking.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com