View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 14, 2011, 01:21 AM

My amusement park has a different roler coaster

Hi Kirby,

Good to see you're keepin' on keepin' on. I am traveling to Stanford Tuesday for what I expect will be my first infusion of Estybon (ON910.NA) from Onconova. My blasts rose unexpectedly from 8% two months ago to 25% kast week. I'm glad to see you've had several transitions back from AML to MDS again. It gives me hope. I've been on BSC (Best supportive care) since November 2009 without any noticeable change until recently. My platelets dropped to 26K so Dr Peter Greenberg (who runs the Stanford study and is one of the world superstars) says he wants to boost my platelets also.

I'm glad you haven't needed TX's through all of this. I just had my 146th unit and am ready to graduate to Senior Vampire status. My serum ferritin has been kept under 1000 with Exjade, currently about 800, but the constant TX's are taking their toll as I'm weaker than not too long ago.

Estybon was reported on at the larest ASH meeting and is a different type of drug, a D1 inhibitor. Stage 1 and II trials went well so I'm hopeful I will respond to this drug.

10 years is a long time to have MDS and I'm lucky to still be here. Keep in touch.

Steve
smartmony@msn.com
Steve Kessler,Age 71, Dx 3/2001, Currently AML converted from MDS, 5q-, 11q23, Negative response to Aranesp, Revlimid. Partial response to Vidaza in the past. On a study using ON1910.NA, counts too low to go to Stanford on schedule.