View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 6, 2017, 11:00 AM

Bossywife, I apologize because I can't remember.

1) Does your husband have any genetic mutations?

2) Why aren't the doctors doing more bone marrow biopsies? I had a "dry tap" on my last BMB but the doctor just re-positioned the tap and five minutes later we had a good sample. From the counts you have told us, he needs to have a valid BMB. To ignore this border lines on malpractice in my opinion, especially since it has been going on for so long. I fear that when everyone gets serious about this it will be too late for him. I have had three friends who put the diagnosis off until it was too late for the doctors to help so I am very sensitive to waiting too long.

3) At the very least the doctors should be doing peripheral blood tests regularly along with CBCs. "For cases in which a bone marrow aspirate is not obtainable, most often ancillary tests can be performed on the peripheral blood in lieu of the marrow (e.g., flow cytometry, FISH and molecular testing)" (from AA-MDS International Foundation).

I applaud your efforts for sugar/diet control but that won't change any mutations he might have or the other underlying causes of his RAEB-1 (or 2).

Last edited by bailie : Fri Jan 6, 2017 at 11:11 AM.