View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 05:03 PM

Greg!

I've never had wheat grass, but, if it tastes bad, I'll just add it to my green tea. Nothing could possibly make green tea taste any worse than it already does.

You are right! But it`s healthy!

For me wheat grass juices tastes like spinach, but i mix it with water, herbal tea and a little bit of fruit-juice, and from one heaped (?) tea-spoon i make a 0,25 liter drink.

>I hope Birgitta sees your post; I think she has some iron overload and would find the fact that this is backed up by research very interesting.

I hope, too. And if not, i would post it per private message to her (is this possible?)

>What sort of extract did you use?

Oh, thank you for asking me! There might have been occurred an error. I looked now at the ebay.at site and saw, that my "provider" sells "wheat grass powder." I thought it would be a sort of "aqueous soluble wheat grass extract" mentioned in the MDS-Wheat-Grass-Study..Maybe the study meant also a powder and they only wrote of an extract.. Definitively i have a wheat grass powder and not an extract. Extract would be a liquid solution..

My provider:

http://myworld.ebay.at/bienenschwarm...naturprodukte/

The product:

http://cgi.ebay.at/1kg-Weizengras-re...item335041e23c

Before i ordered i asked him per phone, how old the wheat grass plants were at time of harvesting. I told me, that they were 21 days old and that this would be the time when they have a maximum of healthy components.

Much older than the few days indicated as an optimum for iron chelating property in the MDS-Study.. In spite of that it seems to help.. Lets see how that goes on..

Also i looked in the internet for "younger" wheat grass powder/extract. A chinese trader would have sold me powder (oder extract? i made a mistake) 1 kg for 67 Euros plus Shipping, 14 cm high at time of harvest, - "younger" than my powder, but estimatedly not as young as mentioned in the study presentation..

In addition, they took also the stems of the young wheat grass for the study!
This you won´t get by an enterprise, you would have to do it by yourself..

You can get this sort of powder what i use, on ebay.com, cheaper as i did. Perhaps it is useful to ask how old the wheat grass was at time of harvest, for "study purposes"

Wish you the best,

Margarete