View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 15, 2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
however one disadvantage is there is NO wireless for her to use at the hospital... would have loved that and it would have made some communication easier.
Have you checked on the transplant/paediatric ward to see what the cell phone signal is like on there? I know it's pretty cheap to get little USB 3G data dongles here in the UK, but in my experience the US's mobile phone networks are a bit third world so I don't know if that's feasible where you are (I grew up in the States, and I say that from experience - lots of nice things about America, but your mobile networks are really bad!)...

That would at least allow her to email and download and surf the web, though it may not be fast enough for stuff like YouTube or Skype.
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)