View Single Post
Old Sun May 22, 2016, 11:32 AM

Hi Data - are you still in the hospital? How's the GVHD? How frequently are you getting CBC's - and is the morphology consistent in all of them? What does your doctor say - is he concerned? I question I frequently asked was "How worried should I be about...?"

Issues with my blood counts (mostly slow engraftment and a long time for my counts to rise - then falling and low platelets after GVHD) usually worried me more than my doctor - he generally had a relatively benign explanation - or at least a theory as to what was going on - My issues were explained by the nature of my transplant (marrow v peripheral stem cells) GVHD, drugs used to prevent GVHD etc - and eventually things improved -

This can be a scary time in the process - you want everything to be normal and OK - but its not yet - and probably won't be for a while - it takes time and patience. Stay strong and positive!

Best,
p
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015