View Single Post
Old Sun May 22, 2016, 01:32 PM

Data,

While it is possible, relapse that quickly is unusual, and could still reflect some of your old RBCs in the process of dying off. Also, due to the relative stress on the marrow to reproduce an entirely new set of cells for all three lines, it is possible to see some variables in the blood cells that would not normally happen. You have afterall just blasted your entire blood making system.

I would be more concerned in a couple of months with this reading, but only a little over a month out, it is hard to say if this reading means anything. I would be more concerned about nucleated red blood cells or blasts showing up, but the other items are more a function of marrow stress, and not necessarily indicative of residual disease as far as I know. These things will occasionally pop up when fighting infections as well.

Quite literally: Polychromasia - too many RBCs being released to the blood stream early, Anisocytosis - wide range of size in the RBCs, Macrocytosis, lots of large red blood cells.

I am not a doctor, but I vaguely recall these conversations with my doctor shortly after transplant as well.

Stay positive and get plenty of quality rest during this time.

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.