View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 6, 2015, 01:21 PM

He has a family history of blood cancers. His dad had ALL and a brother with cutaneous non-hodgkins lymphoma.

He has had a genetic panel for MDS with nothing abnormal showing. He has blood work done monthly with consistently low wbc and hemoglobin. His wbc runs stable at 3.2 to 4.2 and hemoglobin 10.8 to 12.2. He has had iron infusions once (total of 4 infusions) and his ferritin stayed up for about two months but has recently started to fall again. He has done several stool samples looking for blood loss and all of them coming out negative. He has had a upper gi scope with negative results. We kept a journal for two weeks of everything he ate and she felt he was eating a healthy diet.

He has also traveled to the National Institute of Health and all they came up with there was hypocellular marrow at 30% and was advised to keep close clinical watch and a bmb every 6 months.

My concern is with the new result of dyspoietic erythroids and myloids and the atypical megakaryocytes.

Thank you for you input for the second opinion and I will definitely look into the physician at the Cleveland Clinic. That is where my oldest son was diagnosed.