View Single Post
Old Tue May 7, 2013, 09:56 PM

Thanks for all the replies...

They did rule out all of the genetic anemia's such as Fanconis. After testing, it was ruled as idiopathic. Not sure what other test were run, I remember the parvo virus, HEP, HIV all came back negative. There might have been a few more that I am missing. As far as testing for the thing that "Hopeful" mentioned such as arsenic and heavy metals, I don't remember anything ever being mentioned about that. That's what I was referring to as the "toxicology report". I probably have the name really messed up though. I don't recall them ever testing for anything like that. We talked about mine and my wife's professions, me being active duty military and possibly bringing back something from my 2009 deployment to Iraq or the fact that my wife is a mortician and possibly contracting something while embalming? Being in Iraq I was exposed to who knows what...They said that this was very unlikely and of no concern. But as far as I know, there were no test for potential toxins.

We have an appointment tomorrow morning so I will definitely have a lot of questions for them. They also have never mentioned anything about nutrition levels or dietary problems as Marlene mentioned so I will ask. Another thing, is it normal to have a PICC Line or does anyone have a port? We have had the PICC Line since April 2nd but are wondering if the port would be better? With the PICC he is unable to bath himself because of getting it wet and we keep having issues with it clotting and having to make trips to the ER and hour away.

Thanks again for all of the information. Sure beats Google!