View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 9, 2013, 06:48 AM

Not staph!

I woke up yesterday with my leg 3 times the size of the other from the top of the thigh to the toes. I went to hospital at about 7am and was sent home with antibiotics and told it was cellulitis, I didn't see the er doc only a nurse, I have no idea why as they were not busy at all, and there were plenty of docs standing around doing nothing. I had already had it confirmed the day before from my gp that it was not cellulitus so went back to the gp after the hospital visit.

The gp had me running around doing tests for the remainder of the day and the end result was a large blood clot (DVT) from my groin down to just above my knee. So back to emergency but a different one from the morning, however had to go back to the morning one, as there was a four hour wait. It was about 1am in the morning by the time I was admitted. A very long day.

Just shows sometimes you have to question your diagnosis. This one may have had a fatal outcome.

Home now resting with the rest of the week off for more tests and injections

Honey
Dx June 2013 MDS del 5q and 7t. Further chromosone changes August 2017. Lenolidomide and 10 months on Azacytadine failed. Transition to AML August 2018 failed induction chemo. Trial drug FT2101 failed at 6 months. Next on Venetoclax with cytoterabine.