View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 30, 2016, 09:29 AM

Cheryl.
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. The engineer in me has always made me shy away from stuff that isn't proven. I am sure it helps a great number of people but I like to stick with drugs that have gone through rigorous testing and have been proven to be beneficial. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Paul,
A couple lines out of my biopsy were:
“Hypocellular marrow (10 - 15%) with trilineage hematopoiesis , relative Erythroid hyperplasia with dyspoiesis , and decreased megakaryocytes.”

“Bone marrow is now markedly hypocellular (10 - 15%) with rare megakaryocytes and some dyspoietic changes noted in the erythroids along with mild erythroid hyperplasia, along with damage appearance”

Chimerism was at 100% donor the day of the biopsy.

The doc has never mentioned the spleen. I have heard of the spleen sequestering platelets but would that cause the WBC and RBC counts to tank also?

There was no increase in blast (1%)

The doc specifically said it wasn't a transplant failure but could be a graft failure - all be it a late one.

Thanks again for the comments & concern

Data