View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 24, 2017, 05:43 PM

So, bad news is the following week the shot was almost as bad as it had been without the Claritin. Good news is ANC was up to 1.2 from just the one shot.

I had stayed on the Claritin daily (doc's idea) but decided maybe it would work better if I went off it after the shot, then back on a couple days before the next shot, which is closer to what I did the first week. I didn't get to test that theory today as my ANC was 2.1 and doc's orders say skip shot if over 1.5. So, yay. I'm scheduled for labs & possible Granix shot every Friday until the end of December for now.

I guess the worst news is I have 3 blasts in my CDC today. I think that's 3% as the reference range is 0%. This had to be called in to a doctor so I'm guessing it's as bad as the critically low ANC was. I had asked the doc about the threat of increased blasts from the Granix shots and he sort of pooh-poohed the idea, saying it came from one clinical trial of Procrit on people who did not even need the treatment at the time to see if it would make them feel better. I wondered about that answer.

Well, I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We were missing one daugther, one granddaughter (has mono), and one grandson (away at school), but we had a very pleasant day that wasn't too taxing on me, which is a good thing! And I finally learned to make pie crust in my food processor instead of by hand. lol
Joanne, 65F, 8/17 dx Primary MDS-EB1, Pancytopenia; 6/19 MPN w/CMML characteristics, dr calling it AML even w/blasts <20%; 7/19 Induction w/Vyxeos resulting in complete remission with incomplete blood count recovery.