View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 23, 2011, 10:48 PM

Neil,
Thanks for the reminder. While the GI doctors said they were going to get Ron on a good diet, remembering the care at Moffitt Cancer Center, they actually sent us a Nutritionist to discuss Ron's situation, as at the time in Moffitt Cancer Center, Ron's Albumin (Protein) counts were extremely low and he had fluid overload. They wanted him to intake more protein in order to help remove fluids from his body tissue. Tomorrow, I will "officially" request a Nutritionalist. You would think this would have already been thought of and set up... but, really, you have to look after yourself!

Oh, I meant to also post, last night when the nurse brought Ron his night meds, Ron said, "One of those meds is causing me to hallucinate". The nurse was stunned, and so was I, this was the first he had mentioned. When questioned further, Ron said he was seeing images when he closed his eyes. Things like, people giving speeches, race cars, bright red lights, etc. He didnt hear them, but saw them when he closed his eyelids. I told the nurse it was probably "V-Fend" (Antifungal). She said she remembered Ron had been on that before during his last visit, so, it wouldn't have just started. (I begged to differ). I told her, perhaps it's cumulative?

She called the doctor and did not mention my thoughts. Then, she came back and said, the doc wants to stop the V-Fend, as it could be causing the problem. It may take a few days to get out of the system.

I had thoroughly read the side-effects of V-Fend and it said it could affect vision, etc... so, I already knew this more than likely was the reason...

Take Care,
Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.